Friday, July 26, 2013

Ooh la la finished


I started this quilt on Monday as a little experiment and it turned out better than expected. Everything was going well. It must be the simple layout. It's inspired by this quilt made by my friend Monika. She's local FMQ superstar and she quilted this as FMQ. She send me little diagram how she made it.
Well I knew mine is not going to be as perfect as hers but I was ready to try it. As I like things simple and easy I figured out there might be easier way to achieve the same result. I made little trial and it worked. Easy peasy. First I marked points. These helped me to make the curves even. Then I made all the vertical lines. Going from one corner passing marked point and finishing at the other corner. Nice and smooth, not foot lifting included. I only lifted the foot to position for the next curve. I used my regular foot and quilting gloves for better grip.




I don't mind to hand stitch the binding but this time I went for machine binding. One of the reasons I'm happy with this quilt is the fact this whole process just went so smooth. Sometimes everything just works out.


Linking up with finish it up Friday and

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous26/7/13 11:18

    Great job. The quilting suits the quilt nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It looks brilliant - the quilting really compliments the patchwork - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice quilt with quiet colors. Nice quilting matches the quilt! Thanks for the pattern.
    Ne kujim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love this, and I love the quilting! Polka dots, galore, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice simple quilt! I need something like this as a break for the intense stuff I've been doing. I like your aiming dots - I should do that. I can't keep consistent-enough arcs, and it drives me nuts. ;D Thanks for sharing at TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting turned out great - congrats! (And thanks for my setting suggestions - I appreciate them!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! I see now why you were so excited about it - it's perfect quilting for a fab quilt. Well done!! Pretty pretty pretty indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!! you have a great blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilting and I love how the colors work so well together

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilting is perfect Vera. The colours are beautiful, and I love all the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love the quilting, it's just perfect for this quilt! I think i may need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so elegant and pretty! The quilting you did was exactly the right touch ! This is a beautiful and special gift!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! I love to do this stitch free motion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilting looks fab. I did something similar on a quilt but did not mark the lines. Kinda regreted not marking but in the end I love my quilt still ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am going to give this a try, thank you for the tips. Love your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Vera for you email, I hope i am now not a no reply blogger....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.