I know none of you really liked the idea of adding half column to the side but I did not have enough fabrics to make the whole column and I did not want this quilt to be skinny rectangle. So there it is and it looks just fine to me. For those of you unaware I made this quilt based on Broken Herringbone tut by Anne @ Play Crafts.
|My fav part is the mixture of Urban mod and Oval elements.|
The only tip I should give you based on my experience is watch the center of the block. It so easy to get off center. The ironing part and laying on the cutting board is really important and you should not pull your fabrics. All of my columns are actually different width due to my not so perfect trimming skills, lol. All together it ended up as 42.5 x 73".
The picture taking is getting harder. The days are getting short and the weather is not suitable either. I would like to say my part is done but I'll be doing the B side as well and it'll be even more colorful than the front. Stay tuned.
|I ironed the seams off the white sashing and towards it while joing the columns.|