When I was invited to join Strip-easy quilt challenge I thought it is good opportunity to use some scraps I got from friend of mine. Tiny little strips to be precise. I worked with 1" strips before creating mini log cabins. You can check it out here. I kind of wanted to recreate the pouch I previously made but it didn't turn out that well this time around.
Yeah, I went with another Open wide zippered pouch. To determine the size of lining, measure from top to the center of added piece and add seam allowance.
It looked like messed up for a minute. One side too long where the other seemed too short.
Once you sew the bottom part to side panel you create a loop and all is fine again. Assemble as usual and your bottom part will have no seams on it. Nice!
Those strips I worked with were uneven and I like the simple look better than log cabins.
I added handle with hardware. You can find my tutorial here.
Check out what others have created for Strip-easy quilt challenge here.
Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday and Let's Bee Social!