Monday, June 16, 2014

Le Challenge - Charity


Le Challenge is one of my fav linky. I like to check how other interprets the same theme. I struggled a bit with this month though - Charity.

Le Challenge

I took part in local charity which gather together pouches for elderly women in hospital. It is an ongoing project so I though about making some pouches. Then I thought about my friend who organized some charity project as well. Maybe I should make some gift for her.  Either way I ended up with pouch.


The front is inspired by free hand curves pillow cover by Red Pepper Quilts. You can find the tutorial here. I tried some curves before but not with such dense quilting. Love it!



It is once again Open Wide Zippered pouch by Noodlehead. The handle is made out of zipper.


It is made out of scraps which is always great.


Maybe you noticed my quilt over @ Sew Mama Sew. Yay! I'm excited that Jessica asked me to participate in the series called My favorite quilt. You can join in the fun by sharing your fav quilt too. You'll find linky at every post of this series.


http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=2969815441&group=0&frame_type=a&blog=8323549&frame=1&click=0&user=0

22 comments:

  1. Love the pouch Vera. The zip handle is so clever. Great photo of the wee girl and her pet. They look ready for an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pouches are great and the quilting really adds to them. the little figure is just perfect for showing it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pouch is so so cute! Love how the zip is also a handle. And a bueatiful quilt! Thanks for linking to le challenge. Hopefully the next theme is easier for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pouch handle too and the quilting looks fantastic! Your quilt is beautiful too, I do love triangles! Thanks for linking up to le challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am falling in love with waves! I am seeing it more and more and I am going to try it on my next quilt. I have not been one for dense quilting either but this looks like so much fun! I love your pouch! I love that quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever handle indeed! And a clever inside photo shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the quilting on your pouch, and I am jealous of your nice triangle quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always come up with such fantastic design ideas, Vera - I wouldn't be surprised if eventually you got into something like designing patterns for for sewing (bags? quilts? pillows?) - maybe with the end result of having patterns published or having a book published (like Amy Morinaka) - you are one TALENTED lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, I'm so happy to see the waves I loved so much! It turned out great! And your quilt is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful curves and colors for the pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome color scheme and quilting for the pouch! I love it! It's so calming. And it was my pleasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Vera, loving the curves! Really nice!
    janeenvn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute pouch!! LOVE the quilting you did on it :-) Your quilt is beautiful too!! Love the pattern!

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea and I like the pouch with the zip handle. Great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilting on your pouch looks wonderful! Pretty colours too!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many amazing projects are coming from your workroom! I think that's the coolest pouch I've ever seen, and the quilt is awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous17/6/14 13:47

    Lovely pouch. Just what I like to make.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rosemary B here:
    I absolutely ADORE your pouch! the zipper is a super cute addition to a beautifully quilted creation

    I love your favorite quilt too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic pouch! I love that the zipper makes the handle. Those curves are great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The pouch is perfect. I'm a fan of curves (not my own) and I adore how you've used them here. Using the zipper as a handle is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know the Red Pepper Quilts curvy cushion you mean and love how you have adapted it into a pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely little pouch!
    Your curvy quilting is awesome Vera!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.