Wednesday, July 16, 2014

WiP - focused


I'm trying to stay focused on my Q3 list even though I'm jumping from one project to another. I thought I have a plan for those orange peels but I'm kind of unsure at the moment.


I started quilting Demons mini but I had to unpick since it was fugly. My spiral was way too loose and I really did not like black thread on mostly white squares.


The weather is really warm and sunny so I painted my board frame yesterday. I haven't told you yet but this will become my new board. The first thing I'll pin on it will be my Q3 list, lol.


Once I unpicked my fugly spiral I couldn't think of other design to try so I went with straight lines. Some squares are crossed just once and some both ways. There seems to be some pattern appearing but I work without real plan or marking. I only leave those color squares untouched. 


I don't know about you but basting is least popular during the process making. Somehow I managed to baste Ikea ZOO and it's next on my quilting list. 


My girl finished her embroidery and I promised to turn it into zippered pouch. Bunny can be found here


If you would like to win smiling skull, check out my small giveaway.

Plus today is the last day of New Quilt Blogger Blog hop. Check out those quilting and blogging tips and meet those from all over the world. I have spotted some handsome husband there too ;-)

Linking up with
Sew Fresh Quilts WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

19 comments:

  1. Anonymous16/7/14 14:46

    That demons mini is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely inspiring post! I need to make a mini quilt now!! :) (You bunny is adorable Vera!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Demon mini! It is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love where you are going with the quilting on the demons mini; sorry you had to unpick, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love where you are going with the orange peels. Keep going! :)
    Also, I really like both quilting options! But I totally understand why you had to unpick. I do that sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA I'm the queen of jumping from project to project - this morning I made a bib, quilted another one, made a boxy bag, printed out the templates for a new coin purse pattern I bought, kitted up a couple more bibs to use up the last of some fabric, and zigzagged the raw edges on some new fabrics so I can preshrink 'em. Notice there was no housework in that list - it gets done last, HAHA!

    I bet your new quilting design looks great on Demons - it's very geometric :) Tell your daughter she did a lovely job on her pretty little bunny - I think her zipper pouch should go to the top of your list - even before Ballerinas :D Looking forward to seeing the Zoo quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Ikea Zoo and I like your first version of the orange peels. Sorry you had to unpick, but your Demons mini is coming out very nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mini for your board is stunning. I am not sure I could cover it up as it is a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. now you made me want to go and make a black and white squares quilt, and I already have 800 quilts in progress!! Thanks a lot (kidding) I like the fanned out leaves of color in a previous post. Or the top one.
    Obviously I go from project to project willy nilly too.
    LeeAnna
    not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Demon Mini. It is just great! I need to play with mini quilts more. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous17/7/14 03:16

    The staight line quilting looks great, and suits much better than the spiral. Good luck staying focussed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the straight line quilting you have gone with. This is going to be such a great piece! Lots of beautiful projects you have going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a lot going on! I love those bright petals on the grey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got a lot going on! I laughed at the handsome husband comment - I'm going to have to go stalk some blogs to see who's got one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your daughter's bunny - good on her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the straight lines quilting - looks like an art work.
    Isn't that bunny just toooo cute!
    I love to come over for a visit and see what you're up to... always good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous17/7/14 18:36

    I hate basting... I often wish for a basting fairy who'd get all my quilts ready to go. Unpicking is no fun, but it was totally worth it- the 2nd design is rocking that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the quilting choice you ended up with on Demons!! It looks really cool on the back as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Basting and ironing are the bane of my quilting existence. But you gotta do what you gotta do, to finish that quilt. I prefer the straight line quilting for Demon. Your daughters embroidery is beautifully done. Her stitching is as close to perfect as you can get. It will make a darling bag.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.