Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Plan B


I was excited to piece the Triad Interlock but it didn't go as I planned.


I worked with triangles before but those ones with straight lines were the problem. To make the lines continuous the edges were off and I couldn't figure out how to make it right.

The pattern works in rows but I couldn't see the way to make the lines align.


So I took it apart and went with Plan B.


Not as pretty but doable.


The rows went together pretty quickly.


It is a bit wonky but all right. I added the corners and I'm all set to quilt it.


I don't see mini as the hexagons are pretty large but I see new cushion right there.

Linking up with:

Sew Fresh Quilts WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

13 comments:

  1. I see what you mean. They went together very nicely rearranged for Plan B, and I hope you are happy with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vera you're a seam/angle matching NINJA - look at those perfect intersections! I'm not even that accurate when I paper piece, lol! That will make a pretty cushion :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vera! This will be beautiful pillow! I like your hexagon design! This is Marsala inspiration (for Pantone's colour). x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will make a very pretty cushion, Vera. What a great use of colour! Plan B is working out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regardless...its beautiful and yes, a cushion will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would look great as a cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did good on this - Seam Ninja as Sandra said.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you were able to rework it, this version is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Plan B! I can visualize a very nice cushion already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great and will be a fabulous pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this color combo!!! I'm sorry your original plan didnt work out... This time!! You'll find a way in a future quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plan B is my favorite Vera and i love how it turned out - it looks amazing with the corners added.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.