Friday, August 21, 2015

Selvage along - small project


I already finished the easiest and quickest selvage project. Pencil holder and you guessed it. There are more to come :)


I keep my pins in there so this time I have a lid to put on.


I only forgot to match my seams. Nobody is perfect, right.


Do you remember the pile of mess from trimming? Well, I cut it up even more.


I placed organza on top of it and added some zig zag lines. No ironing this time around.


I also stitched together my tiny HSTs. I admit I make projects based on the thread I have in my machine.


They finished 1" and believe it or not I didn't sweat to get such perfect points. I used my 1/4" foot with guide as usual and that's all.


I ironed the squares on interfacing first and used the postage stamp block technique.


Here is how my experiment continued. I cut out three triangles and sewed around them.


I'll add more quilting in but I ran out of white thread in my bobbin and I also have another things to work on. Time to change the thread! :)

Linking up with finish up Friday! and


Quilting is more fun than Housework

9 comments:

  1. I really love seeing your progress, Vera. The pencil holder looks great to me, and I really like where the confetti scraps with triangles is headed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pencil holder is very cute! Does it have a bottom? Or is it just a tube to fit over the can?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a lot of fun playing at your sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, now I will have to start keeping my tiny trimmings too! What a great way to use every scrap of fabric, thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! awesome scrap projects for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some really great projects here. I'm especially interested in those "confetti" triangles. I can't wait to see what your negligent style turns them into!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seem to always be changing thread, feet (need screwdriver) and stitches on my machine. Maybe I should take a leaf out of your book and simplify!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever use of trimmings - smart idea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.