So what was the next stage of my experiment? I created paper template.
It ended up little smaller than my original intention but I was thrilled with the result.
I knew I will need some sheer fabric to hold those tiny pieces in place. I used polyester organza which I have left from other projects.
I wanted to add zig zag stitch to create some sort of grid but since the letters are small I don't think it is necessary.
I transferred the template onto fabric and cut it out. I added light weight interfacing so hopefully raw edges will not fray that much.
All finished and ready for quilting. I'm a bit afraid the quilting will ruin it but we'll see ;) I want to run small stitches around the letters but I'm also thinking about matchstick quilting. Decisions decisions.
Linking up with: