Sunday, August 14, 2016

Scraps follow up


On Friday I have quiled the smaller piece and last night during #saturdaynightcraftalong I quilted the other two.


It doesn't look so girlie with the grey.


Unfortunately the quilting is not visible from distance shot.


Only on this one with red thread.


That's how it look on the back. Yes, I only use cotton batting to quilt the panels. I add lining in the same size and leave the turning gap on the side. All seams are hidden.


I like to use longer zipper and tuck the end to the side to create a loop.


The back is plain grey. So that's one down and two to go.


Plus these squares. I'm not sure if I just piece them together or make hexies out of them.
These scraps are from the box of frivols from moda fabrics. My friend Monika gave them to me once she finished hers. She said in some frivols boxes there are hardly any scraps but in this case there were plenty to use.

Linking up with:

Quilting is more fun than Housework

5 comments:

  1. Very cleverly made bags and I like your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the best little pouches! I'm going to have to try doing my zipper end the way you do. It looks like it makes a fun little loop to hold the pouch by, as well as making an easy opening for the pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty - i love the many ways you find to use scraps in your bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I really like the red quilting thread, great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love the way you've looped the zips around on the pouches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.