Sunday, February 5, 2017
My goal for February is to find my sewjo again. I kind of lost it.
Prior my lost my latest project was this block. The Honey Pot Bee January block and you can find the tut here. I only sewed up the rows ...
To finish this block and turn it into cushion cover is my OMG goal for this month. Wish me luck!
Monday, January 30, 2017
Yippee! I have finished both ideas for the challenge which means I have completed my OMG goal!
I linked up the origami star inspired mini in time and you can read all about here.
I also wanted to try the circles. I quilted them on machine but I was not happy with the result so I have added a bit of hand stitching with pearl cotton.
That made the design more visible. The idea here is mixing primary colors. You know yellow+red=orange. I hope you can spot it in there :)
The bottom is quilted and no seam. It's my usual pouch made out of one piece. (8x12")
I didn't have long zipper in particular color on hand so no zipper loop this time around.
Obligatory fence pic :) Yeah the winter is not leaving us and still going strong.
If you inspired by the theme 8 is great you can still link up with the challenge here.
I'm linking up with:
Friday, January 27, 2017
Here is another pouch, bag or case. Whatever your preference to call it is. It started while making something else. Some of you might remember that rainbow gene purse.
My preferred kind is made out of one piece and longer zipper. The size of this one is 7x11".
It is a little longer than necessary but my girl said she'll put pencil sharpener and eraser rubber in there as well. That means it is just right.
No seam at the bottom.
Don't you love these pencils? Yeah, they make gold and silver these days.
Loop for fun and easy carrying around.
Linking up with finish it up Friday and more.
Sunday, January 22, 2017
I don't think you would guess the theme for round two of Project Quilting in my project. It is tiger lily.
I didn't have as many ideas as for the theme 8 is great. The thing is I don't like lilies. The scent of lilies give me headache. So I picked up few scraps and put together this abstract version of tiger lily.
There are 6 orange pieces just like the flower petals. I usually make my pouches out of 1 piece. This one measured 8x9" and I quilted just a few lines across.
I wanted to have new bag for my cutlery but it ended up too tight. Note: we don't eat sandwiches for lunch so I need cutlery for my lunch at work :)
The addition of few french knots simulate the dots on tiger lily.
There is plenty of room for pens though. So it might be just a pencil bag.
I usually use the fabrics I have on top so there you can spot some similarities with my first PQ project.
Another trip around our backyard is finished. Sending greeting to all from the Czech Republic.
Linking up with:
Saturday, January 14, 2017
I was going to clean up my piles of fabrics and projects but surprise it did not happened. I had an intention to put all those hidden projects back on the list but I'm running out of time. Let's just dig out some and try not to ignore there is a deadline.
#1 cushion cover
I have made some progress there but I'm still unclear how to quilt that part with green plus on it. It might be just and excuse not to finish it. You know how it goes.
#2 love quilt
I have the backing fabric ready and the batting is on. I just need to iron it and baste it and move forward with the quilting. I wanted to do some fmq on it but since I'm too lazy to practise I might change my mind and add matchstick quilting instead.
#3 tote bag
These two blocks still look pretty on my wall and the only change is I removed the paper out of the PP block. Plus I have prewashed the fabrics I'll be using.
#4 cushion insert
I need cushion insert for the cover I made. It is not standard size and I want to use some batting scraps for it.
That's it. Let's not get overambitious.
Linking up with: