Friday, June 20, 2014

LOVE anniversary


I wanted to make something for our 10th anniversary. As some of you brought up question about that circle in my header I dust off my old plans and started another Love project. I really like this design (not mine) and I have plans for quilt as well. This is about to become wall hanging. You can read about the inspiration and previous projects here.


I made full size templates to help me visualize the whole thing and make sure I have right size. I added seam allowance and cut out the shapes.


First I pieced the triangle and added square, plus fairly simple rectangles to the other side. I wanted round circle so no piecing but I used hand appliqué technique.


Here it is with the first Love project - mug rug. Current size 31x43". I just need to figure out how to quilt it. Probably it will become another practice piece for my FMQ adventure. 

The time really does fly. So far we did not celebrate our anniversary. Honestly I wouldn't remember the date if we didn't have it written inside the rings. It is not a big deal really but this time around we went out and had dinner and spent some time without our lovely girls. My husband had a surprise gift for me. Dotty box filled with some fabric love. Yay! I'll show you what's inside on Sunday Stash ;-)


Linking up with TGIFF and Crazy mom quilts.

21 comments:

  1. happy anniversary Vera to you and your husband. Its nice to get an evening to yourselves isn't it? And what an inspired present from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous20/6/14 15:23

    It's wonderful; I'm excited to see how you quilt it. And also to see your gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a great way to show your love, Vera! Congrats on 10 years! Looking forward to seeing how you quilt this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I love this quilt design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright colors! And now that I see it, I love the 'LOVE' in your header. Before I just saw the circle, now it's so obvious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary - my husband and I are right at 10.5 years, too! The piecing looks great, and I am going to go bookmark that pattern for later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Vera & hubby!
    Loving the piecing.
    My anniversary is the end of June - 23 yrs......
    J :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary! I love what you made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this - so modern and abstract and unique. Oh - and happy anniversary too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is going to be brilliant! What a well trained husband you have, fabric for a present!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you got a box full of fabric for your anniversary, your hubby must REALLY love you! ; ) Congrats and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, good husband ;) Happy anniversary! That is so beautiful! I love the solids.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never know what to say when people ask how long my husband and I have been married. We've been together for 9 years but only married for four of them. Saying "four years" seems like I'm ignoring the five years beforehand!! We don't pay attention to the dates either. Last year, it was a few days past our anniversary when I remembered LOL. Bigger things to worry/think about though :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, great design. And awesome that I get to see it three ways, including the header photo. I'll come back to see the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous21/6/14 08:17

    The LOVE shapes look cool. And what a nice husband to give such a thoughtful gift. Congratulation on 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary! That does look like the perfect gift, cant wait to see what he selected. Your LOVE design is so strong, and attractive yet simple. Basically genius.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary! What a great husband you have! He's a keeper , giving such great gifts!! Can't wait to see your love quilt....
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary! Love your 'love' quilt and your husband is definitely a keeper :) We don't have rings with the date stamped. . . we should because I have no idea what our anniversary date is!! LOL I should look that up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy anniversary, Vera and hubby! I agree - your hubby is a keeper - the fabric collection is faaabulous, and a most impressive idea for him to come up with :) Hubby and I will be celebrating #29 in a few weeks, lol - we'll go out for dinner, but that's the extent of any official celebrating :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary! We just had our 18th, on the 21st. I won't complain about getting flowers but fabric would have been an amazing surprise. I also agree that your husband is a definite keeper.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.