Friday, March 9, 2018

Q1 - pig cushion


Pig cushion is finished. Time to check another project of my FAL list. 3/6 is my current score.


I wasn't sure how to quilt it so anyhow was the way to go :)


When I plan to use cover as gift I like to bind the edges inside. No threads sticking out anywhere.


The only disadvantage of such binding is the corners are not perfect as there is a little bulk inside.


I'm fine with that though. The back is plain and simple.


Linking up with Finish it up Friday!:

 



9 comments:

  1. I think that the corners of pillows are a bit over-rated at being sharp and pointy anyway. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillow is so cute!! <3 If you hadn't said anything about the corners, I wouldn't have even noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting gives porky more character! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are way ahead of me...I have only done one thing on my list, no, wait, two...will have to check what was on my list LOL! Third item about to be basted for quilting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's early, I opened The email expecting a pin cushion, misread Pig. Little miss Piggy was a wonderful surprise. Nice idea binding the raw edges. Don't know if it would be any less bulky but have you tried french seams. I use them for a lot of things and they are pretty quick and easy and give as nice a finish as your binding but they may be bulky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is not to love about a cute, pink cushion!
    Bound edges on the inside are very fancy! I usually use my overlocker, or sew a zigzag stitch if I cannot be bothered getting the overlocker out of the cupboard. It tidies the seams up a bit, but I can still cut away bulk in the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! My son would love a minecraft pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute finish! On behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts, thank you for finishing along with us.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.