Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Yesterday I linked up the picture above to the QAL flickr group. That's my broken herringbone still in progress. I received comment from Molly that I'm allowed to join the final linky even though it's not finished. Pretty cool, right. So I worked on it until I completed the third row.
This is special kind of project to me. Those fabrics I use are not mine. I'm making the quilt top for a friend that runs fabric shop. She'll have it displayed in her shop and plans to take it to local quilt show to her booth as well. This is a bit dreaming out loud at this stage as we are talking 2014 here.
Anyway the reason why I wanted to join the QAL was because I fell in love with those rainbow blocks made by Molly but at the end I realized I only like it when placed in ROYGBIV order. I'm not only matching freak but I also have some kind of disorder when it comes to color placement, lol. I'm not able to appreciate the look and drama effect when placed in different order. This project was and still is quite challenge since those fabrics don't really match. The bottom part was a bit easier since there is lots of Urban mod line so it went together without too much hassle. Anyway I'm still unsure about the whole thing. The usual doubts some of us have.
There are some adjustments to be made before joining each strip together into rows. I should also make it a bit wider. It measures around 39x73". The question is if I should add a little strip made out of leftovers to the side. I worry that it would twist to much and wouldn't be worth it at the end since part of it would disappear in the binding. The other option is to make the sashing in between the rows wider. That way it would end up as 45x73". We'll see.
Thank you Molly for sharing your sparkle and encouragement. Great to see all those different versions made. Check it out at the linky here.