Friday, December 2, 2016

Q4 - meshwork cover


Just a little while ago I have finished this cushion cover. It all started on IG as @misterdomestic announced his #misterdomesticwal


Confession to be made. I cannot obviously draw 30 degree lines.


But somehow I made it work. The directions are pretty well written and you can find them here.


I haven't used any extra tool. I waved with large safety pin. It looks great from the distance but the piece was not as tight as it should and I realized that while squaring up.


I have added little border and binding.


It is densely quilted.


The back is simple with hidden zipper. You can find this project on my Q4 list here.
I just need to make the insert cushion. Dimensions:16x22"

Linking up with finish it up Friday and more:

2016 FAL 

11 comments:

  1. The fabric-weaving bug hasn't bitten me yet, but goodness, this project has me closer to trying the technique. It's really beautiful! Do you think using the recommended tool would have helped you achieve a tighter weave, or do you think you just need to tweak your approach with the safety pin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago I did a tiny little fabric weaving project - I think it was a hotpad, and it was done with straight lines. I can't even imagine trying to keep all those angles true while weaving fabric in and out - WOW! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours you chose and the 3D effect they create. Thanks for linking to TGIFF this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique project, from many perspectives. You've done a great job with it! I love the quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Vera. This was a tedious project that required exceptional precision. You created an absolutely stunning cushion cover, WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it turned out beautifully and it was fun to see this project start on Instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this quilt is a challenge. I love the idea, you are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a cushion cover!! Amazing!! You made it into a masterpiece, Vera! Your quilting really made it beautiful!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The woven pattern is incredibly effective. It must use up mountains of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! I love the 3D effect of the weaving and your quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this. not your usual rainbows though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.