Monday, March 6, 2017

OMG - 03


I didn't want to choose new goal unless I finish the previous one. So here we go. My February goal is finished. Just not in time.


I kept the quilting pretty simple and the back side is plain with hidden zipper.


The strawberry block is from the Honey Pot Bee series and you can find the tut here.


My cushion ended up around 12" almost square.


I didn't want my strawberry all ripe so I used a bit of white squares to give it a bit of dimension.


Here is my favorite detail.


And what's my OMG goal for March? To use up those charm squares. I have new cutlery pouch on mind. So we'll see.

Elm Street Quilts

8 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the strawberry pillow - especially the bits that aren't quite ripe - just like most of the strawberries I buy, lol. Good luck on your next goal - I'm guessing that a cutlery pouch would be for your work lunches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your strawberry! I need new cushions for the garden chairs: this would be so right there. I'm a off to see if there's more fruit on that site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The touches of white do add a very nice depth to your strawberry, and it makes a lovely pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I like the block, and your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you create. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweeeeeet pillow. and the lighter pieces are the CREME on top of course!!
    This is such a cutie pillow.
    After I finish all of my silly large quilts, I am doing small stuff, and little quilts for BABIES from now on.
    I hope you are getting some warmer days with sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, fun pillow! Good luck using up those charms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the strawberry pillow...plump and ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.