Friday, April 26, 2019

100 zippers


Last year I have participated in #the100dayproject and completed few projects out of my drawer so I wanted to join in this year as well.


It started on April 2nd. I ordered 100 zippers and they arrived right on that day.


I did not catch on yet but we'll see. I promised to make a pouch for my daughter's friend. She likes Avengers so I googled their logo and printed it.


I didn't know how to transfer it so I just sewed over the paper :D


I used thick thread which is used for top stitching jeans. My machine didn't like it that much but made it through.


Both pouches are made in my usual style. Out of one piece of fabric, no seam at the bottom and the zipper end as handle.


There are many to come ... hopefully


The pink circles are hand stitched.


Here is peak inside.
I haven't participate much in blogosphere lately but this might change.

Linking up with:










10 comments:

  1. Nice pouches. Transferring the pattern onto dark fabrics is not so easy; I usually use a pencil, but that dosen't show up on dark. I think you found a good solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to transfer the pattern. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's good to take a break from the blogosphere. Cute pouches with a unique handle, very clever! I have some denim; this gives me an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your pouches! Will have to think about how you did it! Like how you stitched over the paper, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is simple. Just like making regular pouch but in one piece only :) That's why I use long zipper ;)

      Delete
  5. Cute pouch !! and perfect timing on the avengers logo... with the new movie coming out! Great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. I love that you enjoyed making it. My sewing room is right next to the kitchen. We have a big house for 29 years now. Everyone moved out, so it is just hubby and me. We have a lot of stuff, My sewing room is a mess, like an explosion. I love it though. I love being in my chaotic Heaven. I have so many projects going at the same time. No stress haha
    Vera, your pouches are absolutely perfect.
    I have not seen the Avengers. I am impressed with your Logo, and your machine cooperated too so perfect huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's where using a VPN comes in.Short for Virtual Private Networking, it's an ideal piece of software that allows you to change your IP address so you appear to be in a completely different location. (i.e. one that's actually showing the boxing).They're are also really handy if you're concerned about streaming safely on the web, thanks to the encryption they use to hide your details. Canelo Alvarez vs Jacobs Event Time And the best won't log your personal information, either. Big-time boxing season is here. Over the next few weeks, the top three heavyweights in the world -- Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury -- and top middleweights Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin are each headlining major events in New York City or Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.