Monday, February 24, 2014
February goal - achieved
My February goal was to piece Lone star. It was more a wish than a goal and somehow I made it happen :-)
I couldn't resist the morning sun.
I used this tut for Scrappy Lone Star and it is second one I made. It might not be the last one since there are many possibilities.
I know you wouldn't even guess but my original idea was to have that dark brown fabric in the middle to create the main feature but I had the stripy kind of fabric next to each other and that was not looking good. Unpicking was not an option for me so I went with the flow and created this one instead. What a fabulous accident since I really love this final layout :-)
The only part I'm unsure is attaching the background fabric. Not sure if I do it right way but I guess there is no right or wrong as long as it works :-)
Isn't that cool to compare the same pattern in different fabrics. Our Cherry Christmas is still on the wall and the new one was hanging on my design wall before I packed it away. It is gift for a friend but she has to baste and quilt it herself :-)
Linking up to