Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Q1 - Animal blocks into bag


I looked at my FAL list - here to see if there is something else I would be able to finish. The end of March is approaching fast. I would really like to get rid of those animal blocks I made almost two years ago. One of my fav patterns to use is lunch bag by Ayumi. I make different sizes based on the fussy cut or in this case block size. It turned out a bit tall though.


I ran out of fusible interfacing I'm usually using so on one side I used non fusible batting and quilted it. I love the puffy look the pig gained.  For the bottom section I add extra layer of interfacing to give the bag sturdy shape. The bag is empty while taking pics. It stands nicely on its own. I do not use any interfacing on lining. I use cheap local cotton fabric which works just fine.




So that's my finish #6 out of 10.
Finish Along 2014


Not all my projects are coming to an end. My March goal will be a failure. I sewed the triangles together so I have half hexagons now. I plan to incorporate some cubes into the layout and it'll take more time. I started with the easiest one. It might look big on the picture but the size of triangles used is a bit more than 4" and this layout is only a half of the required size. 


I also played with fire and prepared few flowers for some house pouches in progress. The grass is ready as well. I only need to get my act together :-)

Sew Fresh Quilts

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

13 comments:

  1. You've made a super little bag there, just the thing for a little girl to carry her lunch, or gym shoes to school. The hexagons are terrific, but I wouldn't get them finished quickly either; when I work really small like that I need to go off and do something really big to give myself a break. Enjoy your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use of those cute blocks, Vera. I love the Charlotte's Web theme and that pink checked flower fabric really pulls it all together perfectly. Your kaleidoscope hand work is coming along nicely. Love the addition of the cubes into the design! Can't wait to see more of the house pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like where your hexagons are going -- check out a photo of cubes introduced into a similar quilt -- it's a friend's quilt and I included it in my blog today -- http://maryhueyquilts.blogspot.com/2014/03/a-few-more-finished-quilts.html#.UzK8ZKbD8dU -- it might give you some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable bag! Those animal blocks are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute bag - a great way to use those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bag is adorable, and I'm enjoying seeing the progress on your one block wonder quilt. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That piggy bag is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 6/10 completions - I'd say that's pretty darn good! I love the Charlotte's Web tote - so cute :) The hexies and house embellishments are coming along nicely too - I imagine your 2nd quarter finishes are going to be pretty spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bag is so neat!
    Triangles into hexagons...not that looks hard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Ayumi's lunch bag tutorial. The pig bag looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the spider on the bag!! I can't wait to see the house pouches, I can already tell that they will look great :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pig bag. If it's a little tall then that means you don't have to lean over to pick it up.....works for me. You're doing better on your finishes then me. I'm 1 our of 2. 6 out of 10 is great. I LOVE the way the flower and cube quilt is coming along. The organza flowers are lovely. I haven't made those in ages. I'm thinking it might be fun to make more. It's probably the only way I'd get a candle lit evening.....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that pig bag! That is just so cute! Lookign forward to seeing what you do with the flowers

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.