Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Failure? Not really.

Last month I linked to Lovely Year of Finishes for the very first time. Usually due dates and linky parties works for me but nothing really happened this time around. My goal was to make open wide zipper pouches. I precut the fabrics and embellished front panels about year ago. Well I didn't even pulled those out of my drawer. So should I set it as a goal for September? I took it out and looked at it. I really did not feel like turning those into pouches any more. I wanted to try fabric baskets instead. So I gave it a go and I finally turned those into something. It doesn't feel like failure after all even though I missed the due date. I made the lining slightly taller and double folded the top edge. Easy peasy.


Fill with goodies and you got pretty gift in no time.

I was thinking about adding a snap in the middle. It would like like a pouch. Don't you think?

My current WiP is Ballerina quilt. My goal is to make quilt top by the end of September. I'm thinking 3D pinwheel, some flowers and maybe a butterfly or two. I'm not talking about finished quilt since there are quite a few other plans.


Linking up with:
Better Off Thread


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

11 comments:

  1. Those blocks are so cute. And I love the baskets. They would make a perfect gift but I'd probably want to keep them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/9/13 00:00

    I like the baskets just as they are. Good luck with your quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baskets made with chocolates fabric ... holding delicious chocolates - talk about EYE CANDY! Sweet, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baskets are so pretty and cute! I love them just as they are!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck getting the quilt top completed! Glad you are linking back up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute ballerinas! Just give the chocolates, keep the baskets they're too good (sew giving? apparently not! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loveeeee those baskets!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vera those ballerinas are to die for! L-O-V-E!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy pouches! I think the snap is a good addition.

    and the ballerinas are still so cute! glad to see it moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little house blocks with the girls dancing inside! Fabulous. Your pouches/bags are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your little ballerina houses! Too cute. And awesome baskets too, i need to make some for me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.