Sunday, September 15, 2013

Le Challenge - Heroes

I had this crazy idea since the theme Heroes was announced. Last night I made this rather simple project. Let me introduce you the Superman's pants!


I made the belt loop with trapunto technique. It's not very visible though. I have added extra layer of batting to the middle part of the pants. Once I added the second layer underneath the whole thing it created kind of pocket so I stuff it a bit more. I wanted Superman's pants not a pair of undies. It may seem I have overdone it but hey, we are talking Superman here not your next door neighbor!


I knew you are going to ask: What's inside those Superman's pants. So there you have it. Walnuts?!?!


The back is rather simple.


Since I have just participated in Pin it blog hop I got little side tracked. All that stuffing seems just right for pins. After all I might have the craziest sewing pouch/kit you have ever seen.

I admit I created this project purely and entirely for fun. That's what I do. Sew for fun. If my post made you smile, I call it: Mission complete!

PS: that yellow is bright as you can imagine. I'm just a bad photographer.

Linking up to Le Challenge since I really like to see how others interpret the theme.
Le Challenge

22 comments:

  1. Love it, Vera. Every woman needs a superhero, and every woman needs a purse - why not combine the two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! I love that you make things just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol!! Your whole post made me laugh - very clever take on the Heroes theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those pants are SUPER! And your pouch's contents... Hilarious! Ouch on the pincushion idea though! Loved the pants and your sense of humour, Vera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Amazing interpretation of the theme! Thanks for participating in le challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Super man is packin', I can't believe you put pins in him, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant!! What a fantastic pouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me laugh so much! Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bahahaha! Definitely a smile for me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROTFLMAO!!! Your Superman Pants are awesome!!! I love that it's a crazy sewing pouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!!! So funny...and the walnuts inside was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes , you made me laugh a lot! So that's where superman keeps his nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! Yes, you made me laugh. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous16/9/13 04:40

    Mission complete!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Huh... giggle... laugh... whoohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous16/9/13 09:11

    Yeeeah, I LOVE it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, brilliant! That made me giggle quite a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, this post did make me smile, but the walnuts inside made me giggle - so much fun, LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! I laughed out loud when I saw the walnuts......... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! You are so clever and fun!
    Thanks for a smile :)

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  21. hahahahaha! This is so brilliant! Very creative and so fun! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.