Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Diamond Tread - Aeroplanes

Today I washed the quilt and it's officially finished. It didn't crinkle too much but just right. I love the simple design that's why I bought it, right. If you not familiar, it's called Diamond Tread by Lee - Freshly Pieced. There is a meaning behind those aeroplanes. It's for little boy. Yeah. In his family they like aeroplanes. There are some aeroplanes models involved and also the real thing. No kidding.




Being not too experienced quilter has few advantages. The main thing is there is so much to try. I love to try new things when it comes to sewing or creating. It's first time I used HSTs. First time I cut myself with rotary blade, lol. It healed well so I can make jokes and laugh about it now. First time I actually quilted on my table as I managed to clean it up and I can go on and on.



I'm not sure where I spotted the Quilting Gallery blog and theirs Show & Tell but I'm linking up this week. Quilts for the Little Ones is the theme of this week. The voting will take place on Friday.

Quilters’ Show and Tell

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish, Vera! I love the green binding... and the little airplane toy! I'll be sure to check in with the Quilting Gallery on Friday to vote!

    Lorna:)
    http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, it's lovely! Finishes are the best and I agree, I love having so much to learn too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Grats on all the first, well, not the cutting yourself but I'm glad it's healing nicely. The quilt turned out wonderful. I love the colours-text print scheme. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt! All of the colors, and your quilting are gorgeous!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful Vera! I love the colors! You did a fantastic job, it's a gorgeous finish! XO, :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! It's such a beautiful quilt and you did a wonderful job on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful - LOVE how you included the plane fabric, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! That quilt is great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is the airplane fabric called?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out fantastic! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like trying new things too, but I think I will skip trying to cut myself with a rotary lade. Ouch!
    Gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.