Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WiP - Ooh la la

I'm keeping up with my list - 10 things this summer. I finished Diamond Tread quilt. For more pics check out my previous post.
#1 Diamond Tread - DONE
I totally changed my mind on the #3 - crib size quilt for my girl. I wanted to use the already made circles and make bubble quilt as planned year ago but it's not happening. I'll make some cushions instead. I decided to challenge myself a bit with the quilt. It's nothing difficult just my personal challenge which means do something you wouldn't usually do. In my case it means random placement and squares. Mostly I'm not really keen on the classic square look especially if it's scrappy and random. I couldn't do scrappy vomit that would be way too much so I picked the rest of Ooh la la charm pack and added some dotty fabrics from my stash. There is one more challenge in the quilting plan but I'm not gonna tell you. Just in case it won't work out, lol. Straight lines quilting is my back up plan. So we'll see. The crucial part is usually the basting and I already passed that one. Yippee.





Linking up with

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

15 comments:

  1. OOh look forward to seeing what you plan for the quilting! Well done you tackling a challenge and totally acing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous24/7/13 08:40

    That crib quilt is absolutely beautiful. So simple and subtle, but stunning.

    Good luck with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. You might check your settings since you appear as no-reply.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous24/7/13 11:51

      I'm not sure what appearing as no-reply means, or what settings I would have to change. Can you give me a little more information please?Thanks.

      Delete
    3. Sure. It is easy fix. There are many post on this topic, for example: http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.cz/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html and while you in your setting you may also turn the word verification off to make it easier for others to comment on your blog: http://www.geekalicious.co.uk/2012/09/turn-word-verification-off.html

      Delete
    4. Anonymous24/7/13 12:36

      Thank you. I didn't even know I had word verification on. I find it so annoying on other blogs, so I'll be glad to get rid of it from mine. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. I love the random square look :-) Looking forward to seeing the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit that the majority of the fabrics that you used for the crib quilt are ones that I wouldn't look at twice BUT I love your quilt top- so pretty and subtle and gorgeous! Well done! Oh and you aced the random placement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way your quilt turned out - beautiful fabrics and the squares are so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Funny. It seems you are also no-reply and you have the word verification on :-)

      Delete
  6. I love love the colours of this. Visiting you again via WIP Wednesday. What you do just pops out at me. Cheers karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. Want to be in touch with others? Change your setting as well. You are also no-reply.

      Delete
  7. I adore you colors and fabrics!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours. I love that top quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.