Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WiP - 10 things

I'm taking part in Ten Things This Summer. If you want to join in you have until July 15th to make your list. I made mine on Saturday and I'm willing to stick with it. Today's WiP is all about those numbers on the list.

#1 Diamond Tread - I passed the basting stage which is good. I started with quilting but it's not smooth ride. There is bulky part on the block and my machine was jumping over it missing stitches. I don't know if I pressed the seams in wrong direction or when I went wrong.

#2 Ballerinas - I had those houses pieced for some time. I just needed to press the seams and cut the shape out. I'm using template made out of square. I seen this on Elizabeth's blog. I prepared the side stripes and white stripes for roof. Whenever I feel like working on this one I have it prepared.



#3 Circles - This will be new crib size quilt I'll work on once #1 finished. I played with the layout. I had to find out how many circles I actually got. Not sure if I go random or organized way.

#9 Gallery - in progress. I set up Quilt page.

#10 Service - I contacted my dealer on Monday and arranged all the necessities. My Brother went on vacation. He'll get nice massage and some oil treatment too. He's coming back within few days and hopefully full of energy and ready to work again. So yeah, you understood right. I'm without machine for few days so I have some time to prepare and precut fabrics.

It goes well considering I only have the list for few days. Call me Action Man, ehmm Action Woman?! Sounds like Wonder Woman. Never mind.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

18 comments:

  1. I love those little ballerina house. SO dang cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to make a diamond tread quilt, so I'm loving the progress report from you. The ballerina houses look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ballerina blocks are so stinkin cute! And I like the random layout of your circle quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Diamond tread is looking gorgeous! Hope the rest of the quilting goes smoothly.

    Loving the ballerina houses - so cute.

    Good luck on your machine-free days! Fingers crossed it comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your ballerinas! They are so cute in their own homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. One for each project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the circle quilt "organized".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit - my favourite are the ballerina houses, lol. So sweet! I hope your machine comes back "fit as a fiddle", and that the quilting goes smoothly on Diamond Tread - I definitely feel your pain (she says, as she thinks of her quilt that has had to have the quilting ripped out TWICE, and is now in a messy pile in the sewing room, being ignored!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. those houses are so cute! great tip on using the square template too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word! Your projects are just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute projects!! I bought Diamond Tread and yours makes me want to get started but first I have to get through the eleventy hundred projects already on the go LOL

    PS I prefer the orderly circles, but I tend to be an orderly quilt kind of gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! I like the orderly circles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11/7/13 00:36

    Your houses are super cute. What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are really, truly, lovely. Those ballerinas are just delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the random mix of circles (if you're taking votes - lol). The ballerina houses are V cute, looking forward to seeing that one finished! I have a Brother too ... I haven't sent him for a service yet and he is sounding a little clunky ... just one more stitch and I'll send him out, I promise (erm...)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those little ballerina houses, so cute! I also like the randomness of the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the random circles too, and I now want to make little ballerina houses too-What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fantastic little house blocks!!! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.